How many times must we come to this same point? Again we find ourselves at the never ending crossroads- the inevitable move to Turkey. It will happen one day, and each week the day changes. This time, it seems as though his advisor has declared he will never receive a PhD from this university…that is a strong statement to make. They are not going to work out, no matter how hard he tries to get along with his advisor. Now he is prepared to burn all the bridges and bring this ridiculous activity to the department chair. GOOD! That man is a bully and a jerk, he needs to be put in his place.
But what does that mean for us?
Obviously, if no new advisor is found it will be back to Turkey for us. At this point, I’m ok with that. WHATEVER it takes to make the madness stop. I can’t even enjoy the effort to receive my Master degree with a new crisis popping up each week. Seriously, at this point I don’t care where we end up, I just want it to end- and soon. There seems to be options in Turkey, a chance for me to continue my education at a predominantly international university. I’m not even worried about that right now, I’m just worried about having to pay back my assistantship or not. I’m not sure if I will have to, since I will be leaving the program…that is, if the advisor problem isnt fixed.
I demanded a decision in two months time. There is a very real possibility we will be on a plane to Turkey next summer, or even January.