One of the hardest parts of living a more halal life is giving up alcohol. I won’t lie to you- I’ve been quite the fan. In order to make this transition easier, I started looking up mocktails (alcohol-less cocktails!). The first thing I tried was a tonic and lime…no vodka for this girl! I found I liked it, so I went to good old Uncle Google for somemore ideas.
I looooove sangria (or should I say, loved), so when I saw this recipe- I knew I had to try it. I already had two glasses of it today! The hubby loves it too! This means…I must share!
- 2c black tea (2c hot water, 2 packets of black tea)
- 1/2c sugar
- 3c fruit juice (cran grape is good)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 plums, sliced (or any other fruit you like!)
- dash of cinnamon
- serve with: club soda
- Boil water and steep 2 bags of black tea in 2c of water for about 5 minutes
- Add sugar and a dash of cinnamon to the tea, mix and let it dissolve
- Put the tea in a pitcher with the sliced fruit and juice. Stir well
- Allow the mix to sit for at least an hr in the fridge, best is overnight
- Serve with a splash of club soda and ice